Location: Remote, with ability to meet in person periodically in the Chicago-metro area
Type: 20-25 hours per week, with full-time + benefits a possibility after 3 months
- Access various payment systems and create related sales receipts in Quickbooks Online, including a break-out by type of sales item, related payment processing fees, and respective cost centers/classes.
- Key in, data input, or type up accounting related items such as customer invoice payments, customer refunds, updates to product and service types, new customer forms and profiles.
- Send customer payment reminders and collection emails to customers; maintain customer collection logs and reports.
- Update template reconciliation spreadsheets used for cost center / class allocation.
- Create and post template journal entries to allocate expenses among company cost centers.
- Create specific types of accounts receivable invoices.
- Download/export data used for monthly reconciliations.
- 5+ years prior accounting clerk/staff experience, or 2+ years experience with an accounting degree
- 5+ years working knowledge of Quickbooks (Desktop or Online) accounts receivable and general ledger systems, including familiarity with maintaining and posting to different classes/cost centers (or 2+ years working knowledge with an accounting degree)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Google Drive
- Strong written communication and administrative skills
- Ability to communicate well via email and work efficiently in a remote setting
- Detailed oriented and self-starter
- Prior experience with Stripe payment processing system not required, but a plus